Being a songwriter, I’ve collabed with very talented creatives I’m happy to say are friends of mine outside of music. I love everyone single one of them and feel fortunate to work with them creatively.
A song is a story in itself and the challenge is telling the story in 3-4 minutes through lyric, melody and instrumentation. Sometimes I get in the mood to create on the piano. And when I do, I focus on melody first, add lyrics based on the feel of the melody, and then I walk away from it.
I listen to it again a few weeks later to see if it still resonates with me. Yet here is the rub – I don’t record any of it until I’m at this stage. In my warped mind, if I remember it organically, it’s worth recording.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS METHOD! Write down you stuff at every stage and I’ll try to do the same. Yet —- I can’t — escape —- my own self.
Whatever your songwriting approach, own it and be happy when you got something. Just be authentic. Let the song resonate in your heart.
The first 4 songs have not been released publicly. The songs after are all available on iTunes and Spotify!
MY SONG CATALOG
1. Relentless – for feature film “And One”
2. And One – for feature film “And One”
3. One and Done – for feature film “And One”
4. Praise His Name – Courageous songwriting
5. Reminisce – Malyssa “Reminisce” album
6.. Here with You – Malyssa “Reminisce”album
7. Forever – Michelle Alvendia “Forever” album
8. In The Air – Michelle Alvendia “Forever” album
9. Fly – Michelle Alvendia “Forever” album
10. Family Years – – performed by Lynette David for “Slowjam Sessions” compilation